CAS – Congregational Assessment Survey
The CONGREGATIONAL ASSESSMENT SURVEY is a new computer program for analyzing a congregation’s status. It has been developed by the OC Church Growth Think Tank over the past 3 years. It is presently in Beta testing and we are asking congregational leaders to work with us on trial implementations. We are asking for the opportunity to analyze your congregation and for you to analyze the effectiveness of the program.
The result of the visit and survey will be a 14-page report on the status of your congregation, as well as specific recommendations on how to make your congregation more evangelistic.
We are happy to work both with your congregation and multiple congregations which can meet together.
The following will generally describe our method of doing a survey and report.
- A specific need will be to have a Mystery Guest Survey done in advance. One can be downloaded on the Papers Tab of this website under Organizational Papers. You will need to go into your community and locate a person who has never been at your congregation, ask them to visit, and then fill out a questionnaire. A substitute for this is can be a sister who is not related to a shepherd, deacon, or preacher.
- We will arrive at your city on Thursday evening and stay at a local hotel.
- We will arrive at your location at 8:00 on Friday morning to meet with a single representative who has availability of your history and data. If we can have that person’s contact information in advance, we can potentially get some of the detailed information in advance of the trip. The survey will be completely filled out before 8:00 a.m. Saturday, but the inputs will be able to be revised during group discussions as desire.
- We presume as a base case that we will have breakfast from 7:30 to 8:00 a.m., presentations and discussion from 8:00 to 12:00 and closing discussions from 1:00 until 2:00.
- We will schedule the latest flights back to Houston, TX. and/or Oklahoma City and remain available for any discussion which anyone desires.
- The general schedule as indicated is flexible to meet your congregational needs.
- All expenses of this survey will be covered by the OC Church Growth Think Tank.
- The OC Church Growth Think Tank will pay the cost of breakfast and lunch. The host congregation will arrange for breakfast, coffee break supplies, and lunch and give us the receipts for payment or repayment to you.
- We will need to display a PowerPoint presentation during the report to the leaders. We would prefer to use our computer to make the presentation (HDMI outlet), but if that is not practical let us know. If you do not have PowerPoint presentation capability, let us know and we will compensate.
If you would like a copy of the test to run yourself, let us know and we will send you a copy. It is a Microsoft Excel program. Again you will need to have a Mystery Guest form filled out as described above.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.